significant past female religious figures
David Dalton
2013-03-15 04:24:04 UTC
Yesterday with the new pope there was another global
media show for the patriarchy.

But of course I could be accused of being patriarchal
since so far I have not yet listed any women as
past Openers of the Way (figures similar to me
including with the waning crescent to new moon
mystic highs).

While I am open to finding female Openers of
the Way, I am beginning to suspect that the
Openers of the Way were all male.

But that doesn't mean that there are no
important female figures, both associated
with an Opener of the Way and not so
associated.

Those associated with an Opener of the Way
include the main inspirer of the same species,
and other inspirers almost as significant.
In my case these are Sarah McLachlan,
my sister Anne, Gioia Irwin, Ferron,
and Ursula K. Leguin. All five of these
are women. In the past the main inspirer
of the same species as Krishna was Radha
and as Rama was Sita, and Radha and Sita
are revered almost as much as Krishna and Rama.
However Krishna was involved with Radha and
Rama was involved with SIta, and Sarah
McLachlan is not yet (if ever) involved with
me, but note that she has far more followers
than I do.

Those not associated with an Opener of the
Way (e.g. Rabi'a) I suspect might have a
full moon strong period rather than a
waning crescent to new moon strong period.
Other possibilities are White Buffalo Woman
and Lilith.

Let mw know if you know of others associated
with an Opener of the Way or not. Some
may have been deified.
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/nf.html Newfoundland&Labrador Travel & Music
"Here I go again...back into the flame" (Sarah McLachlan)
David Dalton
2013-03-15 04:44:12 UTC
Post by David Dalton
[...]
And of course let me know if you know of any
women who might have been Openers of the Way
(and thus experienced waning crescent highs
among other features discussed on my Salmon on
the Thorns web page).
David Dalton
2013-03-16 05:04:45 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Post by David Dalton
[...]
I got some feedback on alt.philosophy.taoism ,
including the following link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_mystics .